Topics

wiring LED's for snap switch postion reporting

steve <snorring@...>

I'm using Ds54, Team Digiatal and CVP for stationary decoders anyone
know of a wiring or output device i can use to report out switch
postion using LED's. I have slow motion tortoise's and have them
wired up using the internal switch.

I have a few snap switches that can't be changed out for Slow motion
swithches.

Thanks,

Vollrath, Don <dvollrath@...>

If you have powered frogs see http://www.wiringfordcc.com/signaling.htm.
If you have Tortoise machines use a technique from http://www.wiringfordcc.com/sw_ctl.htm#a15. Or simply use the switches internal to the Tortoise to operate the LED signals.

For a dual coil machine with no frog power switch there are several other ways...
1. Add a mechanical microswitch to be activated by the throwbar. See http://www.wiringfordcc.com/switches.htm scroll down about 2/3 of the way to RECOMMENDATION #2-22: this also works with manuual ground throws.
2. Use a latching relay with diodes to flip and remember which coil was pulsed last. Use a relay with coil voltage rating of about 1/2 that of the supply. Be sure to use steering and free-wheeling diodes feeding the latching relay coils. I can post a circuit diagram if you need it.

I'm using Ds54, Team Digiatal and CVP for stationary decoders anyone
know of a wiring or output device i can use to report out switch
postion using LED's. I have slow motion tortoise's and have them
wired up using the internal switch.

I have a few snap switches that can't be changed out for Slow motion
swithches.

Thanks,

http://www.WiringForDCC.com
Yahoo! Groups Links

The \ Wiring For DCC\ Guy <wire4dcc_admin@...>

Here's the URL for 2-22.
http://www.wiringfordcc.com/switches.htm#a14 While I was looking over it, I
did a few spelling and grammer fixes.

I'm using Ds54, Team Digiatal and CVP for stationary decoders anyone
know of a wiring or output device i can use to report out switch
postion using LED's. I have slow motion tortoise's and have them
wired up using the internal switch.

I have a few snap switches that can't be changed out for Slow motion
swithches.

Thanks,

http://www.WiringForDCC.com
Yahoo! Groups Links

http://www.WiringForDCC.com
Yahoo! Groups Links

steve <snorring@...>

Thanks for your reply , i would like to see a drawing for latching
relay if you have one. I purchased an Atlas snap relay but it
doesn't seem to be woking as i intended.

thanks,
Steve

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "Vollrath, Don"
<dvollrath@m...> wrote:
[...]

I posted the dwg April 13.
Go to the files section. Look for "Twin coil Memory Relay.doc"