Topics

From Command 2000 to DCC

ivaraas <ivar-aas@...>

Hi!

I'm new to the forum. I'm 59 year, and live in Norway, having an US
type Model railroad. I have used Command control since the CTC16 in
the
1980's.
I use Command 2000 now, but have planned to change to Easy DCC this
summer. Then I can by my dekoders much cheaper here in Norway.
I'm using Bruce Chubb's C/MRI and a PC, to drive my Dispatcher panel,
signals and swithes on the rairoad.
My railroad use 2 boosters, (cut in both rails between them)and my
detectors use about 30 blocks (cut in 1 rails). All my ground wiring
(both for trains and C/MRI) are connected together.
Does anyone know if I have to rewire my railroad?. Are DCC so very
different fram Command 2000?

Ivar Aas

Todd Schacherl <todds@...>

If you are talking about the MRC Command 2000, that is DCC so switching to
another DCC system is going to be no different. Other than features of
course.

Todd

I'm new to the forum. I'm 59 year, and live in Norway, having an US
type Model railroad. I have used Command control since the CTC16 in the
1980's.
I use Command 2000 now, but have planned to change to Easy DCC this
summer. Then I can by my dekoders much cheaper here in Norway. I'm using
Bruce Chubb's C/MRI and a PC, to drive my Dispatcher panel,
signals and swithes on the rairoad.
My railroad use 2 boosters, (cut in both rails between them)and my
detectors use about 30 blocks (cut in 1 rails). All my ground wiring
(both for trains and C/MRI) are connected together.
Does anyone know if I have to rewire my railroad?. Are DCC so very
different fram Command 2000?

Ivar Aas

http://www.WiringForDCC.com
Yahoo! Groups Links

ivaraas <ivar-aas@...>

Sorry, I ment Rail Command, not Command 2000. From the same company
that make Easy DCC.

Ivar

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "Todd Schacherl" <todds@z...>