Topics

question about bus lines and reverse loop.....

trainman2435 <trainman2435@...>

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "wirefordcc"
<wire4dcc_admin@c...> wrote:
thank you very much, it all makes sense now. you guys and gals are
great, and i love this site!
Steve,

Hook your reverse loop to your AD520. Then feed your AD520 from
your
main bus or booster.

We have had a few occassions where people have wired their reverse
section controller, such as your AD520, to their reverse loop AND
also
wired their main bus to the reverse loop. When the reverse
section
controller tries to reverse, this wiring arrangement shorts out
the
main bus. Never attach your main bus to the reverse loop.

Go to this URL:
http://www.wiringfordcc.com/track_2.htm#a9
This is a reverse loop using a relay to reverse the loop. Just
imagine your AD520 in place of the relay. Notice that the wiring
of
the main bus is different colors than that used to feed the
reverse
loop. In this drawing, do not attach the blue and magenta colored
main bus to the green and red reverse loop.

wirefordcc <wire4dcc_admin@...>

[...]

hello everyone, i was reading allans site and i noticed he says (Do
not connect your main bus to your reversing section in any way. Your
reversing section must only be connected to your reverse section
controller, reversing relay, or reversing switch.) what exactly does
this mean? how can i hook up my reverse loop to my MRC AD520 without
attaching anything to my main bus? im really confused, can someone
explain this to me please? thanks!
steve