From: Les Crawford [mailto:cei300@...]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:25 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] switches and lights

Good Morning, I am new to this list and my question is:

Is it possible using Atlas snap switches and DCC, to connect a two
light signal to it, to show red or green depending on which way the
switch is, without having to do it manually? Thank you for any help.

Les
Canadian Eastern Inland RR

steve <snorring@...>

I too am looking for an answer to this question. I beleive you need
to use an SRC8 from team digital which can recieve a message once
the turnout is thrown, it in turn sends a message out which can
iluminate an LED. Can anyone confirm this as a solution.
Alternatives welcome..... the link below doesn't seem to work can
you repost it.

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "Vollrath, Don"
<dvollrath@m...> wrote:
Not directly, if I understand your question correctly.
The Atlas Snap Switches (the turnout) have a metal but non-powered
frog.
You can power the frog by using external microswitches or relays,
one of which is also called an Atlas Snap-Switch. This device is a
twin coil mechanical latching relay that can be wired in parallel
with the Atlas twin coil switch machine that operates the turnout.
The contacts of this relay can then be used to power the frog at the
right polarity or operate a signal circuit. Once you have that,
look at Allan's wiring aids at
http://www.wiringfordcc.com/signaling.htm.

Good Morning, I am new to this list and my question is:

Is it possible using Atlas snap switches and DCC, to connect a two
light signal to it, to show red or green depending on which way
the
switch is, without having to do it manually? Thank you for any
help.

Les
Canadian Eastern Inland RR

wirefordcc <wire4dcc_admin@...>

Steve,

I thought I replied to your message but I don't see it.

The link down below does work. I think the site was down at the
time you tried it.

The SRC8 is definitely a way you can do what you want. But if your
only reason for using the SRC8 is indicators, than the things that
Don suggested will work just as well and be $40 cheaper.

I will be using the SRC8 for turnout indication, but I will also be
using the button input feature of the SRC8 as well.

Allan