Re: Audible Alarm for shorts

Edward Sargent

Are they adjustable, as I understand it there is always current going through the bulb just not enough to light it. When we had the 1amp bulbs they would glow a little with 1 sound loco, with 2 sound locos plus lighted cars the bulbs would consume all the power. Now we have the 1.75amp bulbs and we see no glow. These piezo transducers, if they buzz with little current then would it not be like tinnitus?

From: "Kurt kurt.konrath@... [WiringForDCC]"
To: WiringForDCC@...
Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:19:05 AM
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] Audible Alarm for shorts

Have you thought of adding something like a Piezo Transducer in the circuit with light bulb.  The make an annoying buzz when powered

Kurt

On Sep 6, 2017, at 6:28 PM, Thomas Stephens deerpen4@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

I would think you could use photocells to monitor the bulbs.
When  bulb lights it would be easy to have a circuit triggered
by the photocells to sound a buzzer or even disconnect power.
Tom