Re: Audible Alarm for shorts

Kurt Konrath

Have you thought of adding something like a Piezo Transducer in the circuit with light bulb.  The make an annoying buzz when powered

Kurt

On Sep 6, 2017, at 6:28 PM, Thomas Stephens deerpen4@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

I would think you could use photocells to monitor the bulbs.
When  bulb lights it would be easy to have a circuit triggered
by the photocells to sound a buzzer or even disconnect power.
Tom

From: "ed_sargent@... [WiringForDCC]" <WiringForDCC@...>
To: WiringForDCC@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:54 PM
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Audible Alarm for shorts

Our club is using NCE CP6 for circuit protection (tail light bulbs), because of the large number of visitors (we are in a popular restaurant)  and the fact that half the layout is in a separate room we would like to add a buzzer system to alert us when there is a short. Because of the crowds and a lift up bridge it takes a while to reach the command station. We are installing emergency shut offs so the power can be cut quickly but if we don't know there is a short it maybe too late. We did have an incident where the light was on long enough that the smell of smoke was our first clue  (the CP6 was not in your line of sight).
__._,_