Re: Older Shinohara Turnouts

Thomas Murray

Thanks all for your inputs as they were all valid. In the past I've purchased (8) DCC Walthers Shino's as replacements because I like the appearance of these over others. I even added a tiny music wire spring to all turnouts that's hardly noticeable when painted. The dead frogs of the "new" cause no problems for my locos. The "olds" will stay until I start running DCC and if problems arise I'll probably replace them with "bonded" DCC Shino's. The "juicers" can always be traded or sold if not needed. Thanks!!

tmurray