Re: Older Shinohara Turnouts

Blair & Rasa

I agree with the philosophy, Dante, but when laying new switches, I do put a wire drop in from the frog to below the layout.  That way, in future, juicing the frog isn't a painful task, should it become a problematic switch.

Blair

On 17/08/28 23:08, Dante Fuligni dfuligni2144@... [WiringForDCC] wrote:
I understand the use of the Frog Juicers for powered frogs as you folks describe it, but I don’t philosophically believe in that “belt and suspenders” approach to wiring unless it develops that the turnout really requires it. I have both the W/S DCC-friendly and the old-style powered frog units. I also have Frog Juicers to power several of the DCC-friendly frogs (but not all). The layout has run for several years without the contact problems you describe. If and when such problems develop, I can easily add the Frog Juicer(s). In the meantime, I save time, money and effort by not juicing every frog.

Dante

Posted by: Dante Fuligni <dfuligni2144@...>

http://www.WiringForDCC.com

Yahoo Groups Links