Re: Booster Advice

Blair & Rasa

Okay, the question I should have asked.

I'm aware of the W4DCC recommendation of 30' maximums for bus length from booster. That can be as many runs in different directions as I can stand to wire up, or as the booster will tolerate once those runs are loaded with trains. I'm aware of the benefits of twisting the buss wires. I'm aware of the recommendation for snubbers beyond the 30' length.

What I can't seem to find is any data, guideline or even hint of just how much extra length a snubber "buys me". Can I have 50' runs with impunity as long as each is snubber-terminated? 60'? 70'? What experiences have others had? Ignore current requirements.

Regards

Blair