Re: Wiring

Cort Garnier

Thanks Steve! Currently I have no DCC locomotives yet and the box of my digitrack stuff arrived yesterday. Once the checks have been done I will install the DCC system and buy a dcc equipped loco. Still have some wiring to finish and tidy up the feeders. Thanks again!

Cort Garnier (210) 440-8411 cortgarnier@...

On Monday, May 29, 2017 8:57 AM, "glatiak@... [WiringForDCC]" wrote:

You could supply power to the track with a couple of alligator clips if you wanted to test sections. As for permanent wring, DC and DCC have the same issues of polarity. And if you intend to use a PM42 for power districting, a pair of barrier strips would substitute for the output side. And the distribution of power within the district if you intended to do occupancy detection can similarly be implemented. What I did when building my 7x10 two deck layout. The difference between the two is that DC voltage varies and DCC does not. Instead, signals are sent out to tell addressable devices to take more or less power.

greg latiak