Re: Wiring LED's in a DCC converted Atlas C-424

Craig Zeni

On May 30, 2017, at 2:58 PM, pacific.cascade.ry@... [WiringForDCC] wrote:

My concern is that if I cut the ends of the light tubes it will rough the ends up and the LED light will not enter the tubes clearly. How can your polish the light tube ends to make them clear again?
I believe you'll find that the rough surface has minimal effect on the light quality; that's been my experience anyway. Your other option (which I've also done) is to put the two LEDs between the existing light guides, over the decoder. Separate them with a piece of something opaque. A side benefit is that one doesn't tie the lights to the shell.

Craig Zeni
Cary NC