I pretty much concur; I would look at fixing the light guides to the shell, cutting them to the 'outside' of the guides that hold the light guide to the shell. Glue LED to end of light guide and heat shrink tube the assembly to keep stray light in place.

Craig Zeni
Cary NC

On May 30, 2017, at 12:32 AM, 'Paul O' @Paul78 [WiringForDCC] wrote:

Cpt. Brigg, my suggestion would be to cut the light tubes somewhere about the middle of what appears to be two mounting points into the weight blocks.
Discard the inner pieces and cement the LEDs to ends of the cut tubes.

Paul O

Sent: Monday, May 29, 2017 7:50 PM
I am currently converting an Atlas Alco C-424 to DCC and have run into a problem with converting the cab and rear light systems into LED's. At my Pacific Cascade Railway web site, you can see the two long plastic light tubes used in the factory setup with one light bulb for both. Since the Soundtraxx MC2 board has separate light controls I want to incorporate two LED's, but where and how to add them. Any suggestions are welcome and will be considered. Thanks.
Capt.Brigg Franklin CEO

www.pacificcascaderailway.com in HO gauge

Vancouver, WA, USA