Re: To DCC or not to DCC...that is my question

Nick Ostrosky

Thank you, very helpful. I think once I actually get hands on with it, I'll feel more comfortable with it. The good news is I haven't yet laid the yard track, so if I can get by with fewer blocks that will likely be where I make that change. My turnouts are all Shinohara with a couple Pecos (and I'very been reading up on the latter and the modifications needed). For what I am planning, will I need a booster and where does that get connected In, e.g., somewhere else on the layout? Finding a wiring schematic that puts this in plain English has been challenging. Any advantages to the more expensive NCE "pro" starter set vs. the basic starter set?