Re: The new Digitrax 240

Richard Sutcliffe

Which brand of command station are you now using?

On Dec 13, 2016, at 9:30 AM, john.p.dunn@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

   Has anyone had a chance to research the new Digitrax 240. My club is presently powering our layout with  control station, 8 amp, 200 and a 5 amp booster running off a substantial 16 volt AC transformer. We also run a portable with  5 amp control station powered by a AC transformer and we are successful. We have no spares so the loss of a station would put us out of business.
   We have been looking for an 8 amp command station that would be a replacement for any of our stations.
   Advise tells us that we should go with the 240. The problem is that everything we are using would have to be reprogrammed and we would need a special power supply as it only accepts DC power.

Question 1.   Has anyone researched the power supply. Does it require a special power supply, AC to DC with diodes, or a simple Capacitor regulated power supply?

Question 2.   Are the accessories that are reprogrammed, backward compatible? We use our throttles on more than 1 layout.

Question 3.   Is the 240 compatible with older Command stations and Boosters?

Any help will be appreciated.
john