Re: DCC istall in Rivarossi 484 locomotive

richg_1998@...

Just in case, you should always do a amps check with a DC only loco. The method I have used for some years is in the link.
I press lightley on the drivers though some say stop motor completely.I am always concerned about the plastic gears or fiber gears in older brass locos.

I have four of these meters and they do quite well as compared to an expensive meter and the readings from my digital Scope and cheap to replace if damaged.
Reads 13.6 vac with my NCE Power Cab and the club NCE Power Pro.

Meter Modification

Some engineers would not agree but has worked for me and a couple of club members.

Rich