Re: DCC istall in Rivarossi 484 locomotive

Jan Boen

Hi Chet,

Put in a heavier decoder.
A 3 Amp decoder is marginally bigger and more expensive than the classical 1 Amp decoder.
e.g. the Tams LD-G-34 plus is at 35,- € and provides 3 Amp.
I've installed them in several older HO scale loco's and works great.
Cheaper and easier than replacing the engine.

Good luck,

Jan

On 5/12/2016 2:42, Chet Lowry stargazer_47@... [WiringForDCC] wrote:

Hello Group

An addition to my post i think i have discovered that the rivarossi
motor in my locomotive draws to many amps for the decoder to opperate
correctly, being the loco is from the mid 90's. Testing of the decoders
showed they work perfectly no problems. So i guess my next step is to
remotor the loco to a modern style motor. Any thought here would be
great.

Tks again

Chet

Virusvrij. www.avast.com