Re: DCC istall in Rivarossi 484 locomotive

Chet Lowry

Hello Group

An addition to my post i think i have discovered that the rivarossi
motor in my locomotive draws to many amps for the decoder to opperate
correctly, being the loco is from the mid 90's. Testing of the decoders
showed they work perfectly no problems. So i guess my next step is to
remotor the loco to a modern style motor. Any thought here would be
great.

Tks again

Chet

On 12/3/2016 9:05 PM, Chet Lowry wrote:
Hello group
I have a question on DCC installation in a Rivarossi HO FEF 484. I
followed the instruction as layed out in Allens page to install a
decoder in a non dcc ready locomotive. Detatching the wires from the
motor checking to make sure it is isolated, and making the connection
per digitrax decoder manual for SDXH166d decoder. When finished
nothing works and moving the loco by hand it acts like it isnt getting
power. When i get it to start to make sound but still no motion i am
unable to change any of the cv settings or use any of the functions on
the controller. I tried a different decoder thinking it was defective
but the same thing is happening. In frustration I wire it back to DC
and it runs perfect as it did before the install. This isnt my first
decoder insatallation all other have work perfect, so I am at a loss
why this one wont work, DCC ready and dc converstions.
Thanks for any help and sugestions with my problem.
Chet