Re: Securing DCC bus wires under the layout quickly and neatly

David Heine

I been using a PowerFast Cable Tacker to staple my wires in place on my layout. Unlike standard staples, the staples for it have shoulders which stop the staple from entering the wood too far and crushing the wires. I mostly use the 3/32" opening and 1/4" round staples but also have some with a 5/32" opening. The 1/4" round is also good for CAT 5 and 6 cable and RG cable. Mine is a Model No. 31000 that I bought several years ago at my local Home Depot. The also make a stapler for standard 12 and 14 AWG 2/conductor w/ground ROMEX type cable which looks similar.

Dave Heine
Easton, PA

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Blair & Rasa smithbr@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

I've used nail-in cable clips in the past, but more recently resorted to just using a T-25 stapler with 1/2 or 5/8" staples to staple wires to the bottom of my 1x2 joists.  Quick, simple, and easy to rip out and reset if needed.

Blair Smith

On 16/12/03 10:57, lancashire_fusilier@....au [WiringForDCC] wrote:

Further to my photo in the photos section I have been wiring up underneath one of my layout modules and this one is 12' long by 12" wide. I was running into challenges using a hammer to install wire and cable retaining clips until I came across this particular device. Hope this is of interest to our international friends and not just my parochial Australian crew!

https://youtu.be/apLIU-S-fg4