Re: How to find the booster common?

ed wilson

if it s an NCE booster like the SB5 / DB5 with the plastic case, you can use a screw on the metal back plate

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 9:53 AM, 'Vollrath, Don' don.vollrath@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

Please tell us what brand and model of booster you are using.

Is it being fed from AC (transformer) or a DC power supply?

DonV

From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2016 1:33 PM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] Re: How to find the booster common?

Alas the case is all plastic...

Op 13 november 2016 7:14:47 p.m. schreef "Kurt kurt.konrath@... [WiringForDCC]" <WiringForDCC@...>:

A very few of the early booster setups didn't have a ground connection on the main power plug.  So you had to do a case tap. But I can't remember what model booster that was.

Kurt

On Nov 13, 2016, at 9:57 AM, asychis@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

OK, sorry if I supplied the wrong information.  I was always of the opinion you needed to connect a ground to the case.  I can make my installation much cleaner if I can remove the ground wire connected to a screw on the case and use this input.

Jerry Michels.

--
Ed Wilson   ewilson248@...