Re: How to find the booster common?

Vollrath, Don <don.vollrath@...>

Make all participants provide a connection to their booster common as a necessity to connect their module. Then connect all the commons together when assembling modules.

DonV

On Nov 12, 2016, at 9:00 AM, Jan Boen jan.boen@...<mailto:jan.boen@...> [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...<mailto:WiringForDCC@...>> wrote:

Hi,

The layouts come from different participants so there is no way for us to know which boosters they're bringing nor can we impose a given brand/model/make.

Thanks,

Jan

On 11/11/2016 17:50, 'Vollrath, Don' don.vollrath@...<mailto:don.vollrath@...> [WiringForDCC] wrote:

What boosters are you using? NCE Power Pro command station and booster have the booster common connection at the case.
See also Mark Gurries website.
DonV

From: WiringForDCC@...<mailto:WiringForDCC@...> [mailto:WiringForDCC@...]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2016 10:33 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...<mailto:WiringForDCC@...>
Subject: [WiringForDCC] How to find the booster common?

Hi,

For an upcoming event were looking for a solution to avoid boosters potentially pumping current into each other when a train crosses between booster districts.
So read all about the booster common (or booster ground).
Theory well understood but how to do this in reality.
None of the boosters I have available have a pin or connection point which is clearly marked as such.
Any practical guidance will be more than welcome.
As an electronics engineer I do understand schematics etc :-)

Any other solutions you see?
We've been thinking about some special electronics and we see some technical solutions if needed but alas they're pretty intrusive.

Thanks,

Jan

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-tick-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Virusvrij. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>