Paul, you could also use self fusing insulating tape. It's available in Australia from jaycar, stock number is nm-2826
Chris Elliott

Sent from planet earth

On 12 Nov 2016, at 01:21, 'Vollrath, Don' don.vollrath@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

Try electrical tape or some of that liquid electrical tape stuff. I always stagger the soldered connection points and leave them bare.

DonV

From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2016 7:41 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Insulating bus wire dropper feeds

Hello group,

Question about insulation. I have attached a couple of pictures in the photos section showing some newly soldered connections of my droppers to my bus wires. The bus wires are 13 AWG. I tried splitting a heat shrink longitudionally and applying it but when I applied heat with the air gun it didn't hold and just twisted up. Does anyone have a way of insulating these connections or should I not bother as long as nothing else can touch the exposed fractions of an inch?

Paul Hamilton

Perth, Western Australia