After a 15 year absence, I am diving back in to this great hobby. Needless to say, a few things have changed particularly with the evolution of DCC.
So I am starting with a small N gauge layout – basically a 4x4 size with a 2x2 extension.
I have just purchased a new Digitrax system and am ready to get started.
I have some very general questions that I would like some input on:
1. What gauge wire should I use for the wiring bus? (Keep in mind that I will enlarging the pike over time)
2. Should I use solid or stranded wire?
3. Gauge for feeder wires?
4. Should I consider splitting the layout with insulated joiners?
5. How is the best way to connect the feeders to the bus? I have seen the ‘suitcase’ connectors but it there anything better, neater? What about soldering?
6. Any other considerations?
Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!!