Newbie

Tom Anderson

Hi all,

After a 15 year absence, I am diving back in to this great hobby. Needless to say, a few things have changed particularly with the evolution of DCC.

So I am starting with a small N gauge layout - basically a 4x4 size with a 2x2 extension.

I have just purchased a new Digitrax system and am ready to get started.

I have some very general questions that I would like some input on:

1. What gauge wire should I use for the wiring bus? (Keep in mind that I will enlarging the pike over time)
2. Should I use solid or stranded wire?
3. Gauge for feeder wires?
4. Should I consider splitting the layout with insulated joiners?
5. How is the best way to connect the feeders to the bus? I have seen the 'suitcase' connectors but it there anything better, neater? What about soldering?
6. Any other considerations?

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Tom Anderson

Business Information Systems, Inc.
P.O. Box 160396
Boiling Springs, SC 29316

(864) 599-1266
--
ExchangeDefender Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
https://admin.exchangedefender.com/verify.php?id=uA81GDk4024242&from=tanderson@...