Installing Soundtraxx Soundcar Decoder

trains@...

Greetings,

First time inquiry. Has anyone had experience installing the Soundcar decoder in a coal hopper? My cars are 3 & 4 hopper units.  I have installed several of the decoders in boxcars, which is simple. Placement of the decoder is not my concern. One concern is where to mount the speaker? I realize it should go in the bottom, but how and where. The other concern is how to wire the pick-up wheels. I know I can drill through the screw hole, and secure the trucks with bolts into the car, but their location, and the slant to the hopper, doesn't give you much length to the bolt.

Thanks for any help. I simply love my Soundcar decoders.

Ted