From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 3:39 PM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Can you power the frog on a turnout that controls an autoreverser

How does one power the frog on a turnout that controls an autoreverser?  I am using tortoise switches and controlling the frog using the tortoise internal contacts. It appears that I must place the gaps well downstream of the return leg (prior to re-entering the turnout) in order to have the autoreverser trip before any of the train (let's say I have a lighted caboose) reaches the frog.  Is this correct?  If I cannot gap it well enough in advance, it seems I should go with an unpowered frog...

Ed Robinson