Understanding the Atlas Turnout Diagram

ryenpreston@...

I have reviewed and studied the Atlas turnout diagram and am still somewhat confused about the option 1 and option 2 bonds; I use Atlas Custom line turnouts.

1)      Option one bonds, “Run a wire from each point rail to the corresponding bus wire as shown in the color above.”

The bonds seem to be running from stock rail to closure rail in this picture, not to any kind of bus wire. Will I be okay to leave this bond off since the point rails do touch the stock rails?

2)      Option 2 bonds, “Run a wire from each stock rail to the corresponding bus wire as shown in the color above.”

This bond is running from the point rails to the closure rails? Do I really need this bond since they are connected by the hinge rivet? Again this bond doesn’t seem to be running to any kind of bus wire.

**NOTE: I have not any experience with wiring, electricity, or soldering; I will be attempting all this for the first time. This is why I ask if I “really need” this or that connection.

Another question I have is: I have a small wye turnout in my layout that leads to a spur; it has two holes in the frog for the screw to be inserted into a bus bar to power the frog ( the other turnouts only have one screw hole.) Why is this? Which hole do I choose on the wye to power this turnout?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10