Re: Solid State Question

Blair & Rasa

Don

What Don V. said is very true. But there's nothing like building a simple loop with siding and figuring it out as you go. I'm now planning a basement filler, and I'll likely have questions on the trickier portions, but at one time I was where you are. Most people learn by doing, so buy a 4 x 8 sheet, lay a loop with a siding, and wire it. Add a turntable, reversing section, or a wye, and if you have a question, ask. If you don't understand the answer, ask again. Most of us have been there. The cardinal rule is, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.

Check out the www.wiringforDCC.com website, and bookmark it as a favorite. You'll be surprised how often you refer to it - I'm an EE tech, and sometimes it's still better to read the info there, and then optimize it, than to start from first principles.

Regards, and welcome to the group. Blair Smith