Solid State Question

Donald Scharenbroch

All

I am a little embarrassed to ask this but here goes. I am looking for some suggestion on learning enough about solid state wiring to build my DCC N scale train layout.

I have a Bachelors and Masters degrees in Information Technology and Information Systems. I have extensive experience in electromechanical systems and JIC and point to point wiring diagrams. I also can program. Unfortunately there was no reason during my career to be involved in solid state systems.

I don’t want to become an expert. I just need enough practical knowledge to build my layout. Does anyone have a suggestion on reading materials or source reference info?

Thanks

Don S