Re: DETECTION BLOCKS

rg <richg_1998@...>

Below is a link to detection curcuits this guy has used. Might give some ideas.
I bought his dcc ampmeter curcuits which work as advertised.

Rich

On Monday, June 27, 2016, 9:57 PM, lehighman@... [WiringForDCC] wrote:

I am building a new layout using DCC and want to install signals.  I understand that this requires I set up a detection block(s) for each signal.  Blocks are also set up to distribute power throughout the layout or to add reversing sections. My question involves my confusion regarding how each of these blocks fits together.  I isolate power blocks by cutting each rail going into and out of the block – a total of 4 cuts per block.  I feed power to the block through feeder wires connected to both rails about every 3 feet.  What cuts do I make to set up a detection block? As best I can tell, I only need to isolate one rail for each detection block with a cut on either end and run the power lead to that rail thru the detection circuit with the other rail being powered by the normal track feeder.  Is this correct? I also need to determine the location and length of each detection block – is there a good reference to read to help me there?

Ed Robinson