Re: Tortoise power supply

Richard Gagnon

The Tortoise draws about 15 to 18 ma even when holding the points closed.

Rich

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 7:47 PM, jbjudy@... [WiringForDCC] wrote:

I hope this is the right place to ask these.

I am installing 3 (for now) tortoise machines. I have an old Radio Shack Micronta regulated 12v power supply. The label on the back says 13.8 VDC - 2.5A.

1) Will a voltage above the Tortoise doc stated 12v be an issue? If not.....

2) Will this work - I understand that if I add more Tortoise's I may need a more powerful supply later.

3) I also have 2 old power packs from my days before DCC - but the stated output on one is 12v DC (A meter measured it more like 16v) and another that has 20v DC labeled on the back. So I presumed that they might be too much.

Thx in advance.

JB Morrow