The problem with the pre-built crossing is the amount of plastic used to keep the power isolated. In the Wabash/IC crossing that has 5 in a row it amounted to something like 3 inches of dead space in 9 inches. This causes a lot of 4 axle engines to stall.  With hand built the issue goes away.

David Klemm
6s Plus

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 8:23 PM -0700, "'Bill Aulicino' bill@... [WiringForDCC]" <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

Forgive me folks but that’s not a crossover...that’s a crossing. A crossover requires two parallel tracks and two
turnouts. By the way Peco makes much nicer crossings.
Bill Aulicino

Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2016 10:46 PM
Subject: RE: [WiringForDCC] Scratch built diamonds

Lee, why not build your crossover with isolated corners where opposite rails intersect.

No need for a reverser or juicer. No problem with power districts.

Look at the design of an Atlas crossover: http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/Track/Trackphotos/0176.JPG

Paul O

Sent: Sunday, April 10, 20 16 8:20 PM
All, I am referencing David Klemm's scratch built diamonds (http://www.wiringfordcc.com/track_2.htm) he made for his DCC layout.

I fully understand  his diagram, but on our club layout the two tracks that cross are on different power districts.  Will this be a problem in hooking up an auto reverse circuit or a frog juicer?

Thanks much in advance.

Lee