On board camera

Federico Carminati

Dear All,
  sorry for the naive question. May be it is impossible / already done / already discussed and so on, but googling around I did not find anything. I would like to put an camera on board my train. The solutions provided usually involve a wifi system and an antenna. The troubles with that are well known, since there is a lot of noise coming from the motor and the range may be poor. I was thinking that the rails are a much better way to transfer the signal, however there is a lot of stuff going on there in a DCC setup to hope that a s-video signal could be transmitted and received as such. What I was wandering is whether it is possible to “filter out” the s-video signal and decode it. Does anybody has anything to say about this? Ideas, comments, suggestions? Thanks and best regards,

Federico Carminati
Diplomate à Genève
av Ste Cécile, 29
1217 Meyrin