Re: Remote RRamp-like Indicators

Richard Gagnon

This has been sufficient for our club using the five amp NCE Power Pro. I used the voltmeter circuit with a LED display so we could easily see the reading anywhere in the room.
At home, I used the current option using a Harbor Freight meter on the 20 ma scale. I have four of these meters and they all agree.
I have a high amperage rheostat that I clipped across the track and lower the resistance until the booster trips. Tripped at about 4.97 amps as I recall.

The meters read 13.6 VAC across the tracks and are sufficient for voltage readings. A Scope showed us hardly any spiking.

DCC Ammeter (2010)

  More options below.

DCC Voltages

Rich