Re: Wiring For DCC Update - Reversing

Vollrath, Don <dvollrath@...>

Dale, that issue is resolved by making the gap long enough and filling the gap with epoxy or plastic so that a steel wheel cannot touch both sides of the gap at the same time.

DonV

On Jan 25, 2016, at 9:23 AM, @selkirk5934<mailto:@selkirk5934> [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...<mailto:WiringForDCC@...>> wrote:

Allan,

I just reviewed your update and I have one comment regarding your description of determining the longest train length and therefore the length of a reversing section. It is in regard to unpowered freight cars. If your cars have metal wheelsets wouldn't a metal wheel crossing a gap can cause a short circuit if the phasing is wrong so then they must be included in train length.

Dale Gloer