Re: Keeping Alive

Marcus Ammann

Hi Glen

Do NOT connect the KA2's BLUE wire to the Common GROUND.

Connect the KA2's:

BLUE wire is connected to the Decoder's Function Common.

Black with white trace is connected to the decoder's DC Ground that's not
easily located on most decoders, see the below link for details.

If the decoder is sealed with heat shrink, you will have to partially remove
this to find the DC Negative.

You cannot do as you have asked, to fit another Bridge Rectifier to the Red
and Black wires and connect the KA2 to the + & - of the Bridge Rectifier.

For more details, see my "alive" page at:

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/mainnorth/alive.htm

Regards

Marcus