Question about MTH HO engines and DCC programming

Cheryl Gale-Multz

Hello group,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but here goes, and if not, please let me know where I can find out more..

I have a number of MTH HO engines (I know, why did I buy them) and I was told by MTH to use their guide to program the engines to work on DCC systems. I've also been told that once you shut the system down, the engines lose the programming and have to be programmed every time.

If anyone can confirm this is true, please let me know. I'm just about ready to rip out the DCS sound unit and add a DCC sound decoder, or get rid of them ( I have 8 brand new engines to do).

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Neal M.