Re: AUTO REVERSER CIRCUITS

Mark Gurries

Although it is possible with the PSX-AR to work together with another PSX-AR and get it working…I would only do that as a last resort.

I would go with the throw bar method of determining polarity as Don indicated first.  If you use a tortoise to set the polarity, do so with the tortoise controlling a DPDT relay.  The Tortoise is, by design slow, and during the action of throwing the track polarity using it contact, you will temporally lose power on the stub track as it throws.  If you have a sound decoder, it might effect the sound.  The relay also solves the low contact current rating issue of running high DCC current through the contact.

Another thought which is the cheapest solution BUT would depend on how you operate you layout is to NOT put the stub and why do any autoreversing and let the existing PSX-AR deal with the problem.  Power the why and stub track with a regular DCC power form another DCC circuit breaker.  The only catch is you cannot have more than one train enter or leave the PSX-AR loop at the same time which will now include the train on the stub.  If you a one man train operator, this solution will work well.

On Jul 22, 2015, at 4:17 AM, lehighman@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

I have a long reverse loop on my layout that is managed by a PSX-AR.  I would like to add a wye module at the far end to service a quarry.  Can I just hookup another PSX-AR for that section or will a PSX-AR operating within another's district cause issues?

Ed Robinson

Best Regards,

Mark Gurries
Electrical Engineer