Re: DCC Bus Wiring

Peter Rushworth

Hi Douglas,

Welcome to the world of DCC. We have converted one layout to DCC and we have built two new ones both DCC at our Club.

The one converted was a large 00 gauge layout and we used 1x DCS200 and 1x DB200 Digtrax controllers.  We have had no problems with power feeds, though we used two PM42 to break up the feeds into 8 sets and these are feed around the layout in each direction.

The two new layouts were one N gauge and one 00 gauge.  The 00 gauge one we are addiong signalling to at present.

I can provide more information if required.

I suggest you consider using Digitrax equipment and join the JMRI and Digitrax user groups if you don't already belong.

Peter Rushworth
DCC Advisor
Wellington British Railway Modellers