Re: Wiring the Walthers 90 Turntable - DC version

Cheryl Gale-Multz

Thanks Michael!

Neal

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:52 PM, "Michael Sherbak msherbak11@... [WiringForDCC]" wrote:

Here's a conversion from mark hurries website

On Thursday, June 11, 2015, Neal Multz multzy@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

Ross, when these came out they were DC only, which is the version I have. Since that time I saw they made a DCC version and there was supposedly an adapter to make it DCC is no longer available, and not on their site. That's why I wanted to know about using the PSX-AR circuit.

Neal

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:34 AM, "'Ross Kudlick' cnjross2000@... [WiringForDCC]" <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

Neal,
Is electrical reversing built-in to your turntable?  Most manufactured turntables do.
This is from the instructions for the Walthers 90’ Built-Up Turntable model 933-2840:
“Installing the Pit
Your new turntable automatically reverses track polarity when turned.  .  .  .”
Regards,
Ross Kudlick

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:24 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Wiring the Walthers 90 Turntable - DC version

Hello everyone. 

I have the Walthers 90' HO scale Turntable (assembled version). I'm using the NCE system, and I want to wire the turntable. I know there will be some type of reversing scenario as the turntable switches position.

Can I use a PSX-AR auto reverser and wire that for the turntable, so when the engine leaves to other tracks there won't be a short? In addition there will be isolation from the rest of the layout both rails will have insulated joiners on them. There will one track from the layout leading to the turntable...

Any feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Neal M.

Posted by: multzy@...

--
Michael Sherbak

Join w4dccqa@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.