Re: Power on or off to check continuity?

John White

I have some of the same issues. What I have found is that certain Loco's wheels come in contact with both rails at the frog point, which in turn makes the sparks. Sometimes it will stop the Loco and restart the system andĀ also changes the direction. Other times it sparks and keeps going. I think most of it is the Loco and the fact that my switches are the older type Atlas with the frog being plastic. I don't think there is much I can do about it without changing all my turnouts or the possibility of wheel gauge. I do have some hand built turnouts that I made several years ago, that I plan on replacing the Atlas' with. But you got to be able to run a train or your interest will wain..Moving slow across the plastic frogs is sometimes a pain. But I do see a light at the end of the tunnel and maybe around the curve (pun intended).
T White