Re: Large scale wiring/ code 332 rail

wirefordcc

I'm sorry I don't have more time right now.  I do need to add what I have learned in the past few years to my DCC in the Garden section.  I use code 250 nickel-silver rail.

Briefly, I find that picking up power from the track, aside from a quick cleaning, actually works very well.  Most G-scale locomotives have better pick-ups on their wheels, plus LGB's sliders, makes the locomotives reliable.

I built my garden RR before twisting wires and adding terminations was in vogue.  After these techniques became the conventional wisdom, I went around my 35'x40' pike with a scope and didn't find that I had any problems.

I echo the use of rail clamps.

More, later, when I have some time...

Allan

Wiring For DCC