Re: Switch machine auxilary contacts

Dale Gloer

Hello Charles, I deleted a previous post to added this updated one.

I assume that both rails of the two tracks leading away from the frog of the switch are gapped at the switch.

You need a monostable relay with at least DPDT contacts capable of handling 5 amps minimum.  The relay should be capable of operating continuously on low voltage depending on what power supply you may have available - 12 VDC is a good choice.  Since you are in France I do not know how to suggest a particular make or brand.  You will have to get help locally for that.

I have uploaded a quick hand drawing of a circuit that will do what you need to the FILES section.  It is called Relay Schematic.

I hope this helps you.

Dale Gloer