Re: Shorting across power districts

Vollrath, Don <dvollrath@...>

Bill be sure to connect up booster common wires between the three boosters. For the 10 amp NCE PB110 units you need to open them up and connect up the grounding screw inside. Check the manual. Also verify the trip point of the PSX breakers are at an appropriate setting. Hopefully you are in O scale or larger to be using 10 amp boosters.

DonV

On Nov 27, 2014, at 9:42 AM, wrhastings@...<mailto:wrhastings@...> [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...<mailto:WiringForDCC@...>> wrote:

I'm trying to get our new club layout up and running for an upcoming holiday open-house. The mainline loop is broken into 3 power districts. Each district is fed by a NCE PB-110A booster, through a PSX circuit breaker. Each booster has it's own power supply. The problem I'm seeing occurs when a locomotive crosses these power districts. While the loco is bridging the districts, the PSX's both trip. Pushing the loco past the gaps allows the breakers to reset and the everything is normal. I thought I might have reversed the polarity on one of the districts, so I switched them, but got the same results.

Bill Hastings