Re: Address management for DCC device addresses

Vollrath, Don <dvollrath@...>

Glen,
I don't see any "problem ". You need to explain what you mean by "management ". It doesn't take a sophisticated app to record what addresses are already in use so that the next guy can avoid duplication.

DonV

On Nov 16, 2014, at 12:00 PM, glatiak@...<mailto:glatiak@...> [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...<mailto:WiringForDCC@...>> wrote:

Thanks, but I was well aware of the traditional solutions to these kinds of problems. That wasn't the question. The question was 'has anyone come up with a better solution to the management of device addresses on a DCC network?'. The answer clearly seems to be no and then some.

Having a background in facilities engineering and computer technology it seemed to be a logical question. Guess if there is to be an answer beyond paper and spreadsheets I will have to write it...