Help for a electronic blockhead

george hohon3

Have been to the website, have reviewed the section on Wiring for DCC using miniature lamps and found nothing related to my problem.

I want to power caboose lighting directly from DCC track power.  I have Tomar lanterns requiring no more than 1.5 vdc and I have a couple of SMD LEDs that require no more than 12.0 vdc.  I'm a total dummy when it comes to wiring stuff up correctly, but I do know how to follow a circuit schematic.

Can someone direct me to a schematic of a circuit that might do the job?  There is no decoder involved, power would come from the track itself.

Thanks.