Re: Peco electro frog point rail to closure rail wiring

Kurt Konrath

On most turnouts you will have to cut out the plastic spacers between ties to install the jumper

You are correct it should be on end of point rail near the hinge

Kurt Konrath
Oklahoma City OK

On Aug 30, 2014, at 9:21 AM, "'Scott_Del' colorose@... [WiringForDCC]" <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

On Allan's Wiring for DCC web site for PECO turnouts, it mentions an option on the PECO electro frog to do the following : "2. Add jumper between stock rails and closure rails as shown."  Where on the switch would be the best location to do this?  It would have to be done on the bottom of the switch, but I do not see any area where it would be easy.  I also assume it would need to be close to the hinge between the point rail and closure rail to avoid a lot of movement of the wire.

Thanks for any advice,

Scott