The thermal circuit breaks are not fast enough to catch the overload, so the booster will shut down first.
Some have installed automobile lamps in the circuit to catch smaller overloads - check the files on the Digitrax and Soundtraxx groups.

I know the PSX are dear, have you checked Tam Valley?

On 2014-05-27, at 12:11 PM, yankeezephyr@... [WiringForDCC] wrote:

Hi!
 I am new to the group as well as DCC, and have a quick question to ask.
I would like to install circuit breakers on all of my power districts but the electronic ones are to costly. So I ask can I use regular 5 amp circuit breakers or five amp fuses to protect my blocks?

Thank you for your help
Blessings
Art