snubbers for 3-wire bus

John Bishop

My layout is wired for alternate 2-rail or trolley operation, using a toggle switch to change modes. So I have a 3-wire bus.  Call them wires A (for inside rail), B (outside rail), and C (trolley wire). I am converting to DCC.

In 2-rail mode, A is the common, B is hot, C is off.

In trolley mode, A and B are the  common, C is hot.

I am guessing that there should be two snubbers -- a snubber between A & B, and another between A & C. But NOT one between B & C.

Can anyone tell me if I have guessed right?

Thanks,
John Bishop