Re: Adding sound to existing silent older decoders

Flash Gordon

Len,

I guess when i said consist I thought you did give them the same address..... but I have a really old command station.

Ed

At 08:04 PM 4/7/2014, you wrote:

Ed,

I'm curious. Why consist a separate motor and sound decoder? Normally you give both the same address. Care has to be taken when programming as not to overwrite one over the other. Better decoders have a lock feature for this.

If Im not mistaken, a consist is for 2 motor decoders in 2 locomotives for both to operate in unison.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Len Jaskiewicz

Could you program the two decodes in a consist mode?

Ed S