Re: Digest Number 2081 Hot Snubber

jazzmanlj

Hello,
Posted by: "Ed S" Date: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:23 pm
>His instructions recommend not to using a continuous loop but he
does not give a reason.

The answer is here: NMRA
StandardS-9.1.2 - 5 end ofsection.
“5. Topology
Only one Command Station signal generator output or Power Station Interface Repeater output
155 may be connected to a Power Station Interface. Inputs of many Power Stations may be connected
in parallel connection to the two wires of the bus. It is acceptable to use tree, star, and daisy chain
connections. However, it is not allowed to connect any part of this bus in a loop. The bus, or
branches, must not create a loop to themselves or to another branch. If multiple Power Station
Interfaces are used on a layout, they must not be interconnected. They should be clearly identified
160 to eliminate possible cross connecting.”
This implies that it is the same track. They should not form a loop.

Good day digital.
Charles_2_Bordeaux.
France.

IMHO the NMRA spec and in many others such as MIL, etc are written not for the layperson but for the technically inclined! Industry specs are meant for highly technical people.That's OK. Technical people, it's our job and we have to scrutinize and understand every sentence!

NMRA sets the standard for manufacturers etc, where technical details are important but these are beyond the average modelers comprehension. Perhaps NMRA or another party should try to adress the layperson and write in terms that could be digested!

Just my opinion.

Len Jaskiewicz